Saturday, February 8, 2014

Flagstaff

After two wonderful days in Phoenix I'm finally in Flagstaff. I had such a great time with my Uncle Joe and Aunt Laura. We went to some pretty cool bars and restaurants- they have good taste! I know they are obligated to be nice to me because we're family, but they entertained me for two days and treated me so well, and I am so appreciative and grateful for them. Being so far from home but feeling so welcome helps ease some nerves about my upcoming project. It also just reminds me how special family is, and how lucky I am to have so many people who care about me. It sounds cheesy, but it's really not. To know I have people supporting me through all this, and I have people I love to come home to when this is all done comforts me.

But all emotions aside, I'm in Flagstaff! First of all, the entire group is comprised of people from Germany, Denmark, Sweden, UK, Korea, and Finland, along with some of us from the good old USA. We're split up in 3 different houses in Flagstaff. I'm in an old house right in the middle of town with about 24 other people. My room is on the second floor and has 3 bunk beds in it, and there's another room just a few steps across the hall with a couple more beds, and one bathroom we share. Boys rooms are downstairs, as well as the kitchen, living room, and laundry. It's a tight squeeze, but once I get into a routine then it won't be a problem! 

Tomorrow morning we'll get up at 9 to go over some house rules. Then around 11 we'll begin orientation for work on our projects. Monday is also an orientation day, and then Tuesday or Wednesday we'll head to our first project! Then the real fun begins! 

No comments:

Post a Comment